Sunday, February 7, 2016

SOMETHING "OLD" THAT FEELS LIKE "NEW"!

Hi, There!

Well, you all know my cards are very shishi-foofoo  - so o o o - when I have to make a male oriented card (as my daughter asked me to make) I am very much out of my element.

It forced me to look into boxes that have been neglected for a long time and I have the dust to prove it!!! LOL  A whole new world opened up to me as I felt like I just found a bunch of new stamps!!  The wooden handle on the stamp read "Stampscapes/Meadow" and it is from 1993!!!  Can you believe it!!!!  And better yet - I had never used it!!! LOL!!!!  

Now that I am into distress inks everything I have takes on a new look!  Here is my card, and thank you so much for spending some time with me, take care, and I hope you can find something "old" that feels like "new" - wish I could say that about some of my body parts!!!  LOL  Hugs ~ CaroleAnn:)

Challenges:
613 Avenue Create Challenge #162 - Optional Twist - "One Layer Card"
Shopping Our Stash Challenge #237 - Dreaming of Something Warm

Card Recipe:
Background has all been done with distress inks - Abandoned Coral, Iced Spruce, Scattered Straw and Tumbled Glass.  Stamp used - "Meadow Lge" - Stampscapes - Inked with Versafine Onyx Black
I put in some black birds flying in the distance with my Copic marker
Sentiment is from a set of freebies I received in a Card Magazine!!  
I distressed around the edge with my Scissors.  
Decided to use some Black Soot distress ink around the edge of the whole card but already took the picture!  :)

17 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous ! Gorgeous stamp and your background is spectacular! A perfect card for any guy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Sherri - you know I struggle with the guy stuff!!! LOL

      Delete
  2. Hello, Carole Ann! You have created a perfect male card! I am sure every man enjoys forest, hunting, fishing, doing something on the fresh air) your story with a " new" old stamp is similar to me)))) there are some goodies that always hide from me, but sometimes I find them and I become so happy))))) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna, I wasn't even thinking about the fishing etc. aspect of the scene - so you gave me more inspiration for male cards!! LOL

      Delete
  3. oof... i definitely struggle with "guy cards" too... but srsly i don't think you're going to convince anyone that you are not an EXPERT at them, when you go on to show something as amazingly beautiful (but manly!) as this!!! WOW!!! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (warm!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren
      Thanks so much for the comments - it was a fun card to make. I like my distress inks and how the blend for backgrounds!

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely amazing! What a really stunning scene you've created!! Brilliantly done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki! Sometimes it feels good to just play but even more so when the card turns out okay;)

      Delete
  5. really gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, CaroleAnn! This is absolutely gorgeous! I bet you could make even more astounding project with the Stampscapes Stamps and the Stampbord. I only only learning (they have online tutorials.) When I first saw this, I thought it was a stampbord project! Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chana
      thank you for your comments. You know I did not know about Stampbord so now I ordered a few pieces and excited to give it a try!! So many new techniques and so little time!! LOL

      Delete
  7. Me, again! Ditto my previous comment! This is a fabulous project! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow so stunning carole-ann.the scene you have created is amazing and i love the colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT job CaroleAnn! Perfect choice of stamps for a masculine creation! I love creating with my Stampscapes stamps and your background sky is fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - coming from you this means a lot to me! Your artwork is my inspiration!!!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!