Saturday, August 18, 2012

LIL' SWEET PEA CELEBRATION CARD

Hi There!

It seems like ages since I got around to posting a new card!
So without any further ado here is my card.


I would like to enter this card for the following two challenges:

Sugar Bowl Challenge #89 - You had to use Maria Theresa's Sketch which is a great sketch and fun to follow and also use a Sugar Nellie image.  I used Lil' Sweetpea rubber stamp.  You know how much I love anything to do with those little fairies.  It was optional to follow a butterfly theme but for me - easy peasy - another one of my loves! :) Which I took the liberty of covering her little ladybugs up with little punch out butterflies.  A close up:



This is the sketch to follow -
Challenge 89 - Butterflies


Hooked On Craft Challenge #23 - You can use any stamp but must be for a "Lets Celebrate" card. This challenge runs to August 25th - go check them out and they have some great inspiration cards to look at from previous winners.  And goodies to browse thru - love browsing; wish I could leave it at just browsing - if you know what I mean ! :)


Image used from SugarNellie and colored with Copic Markers:  Skin E000, 00 02
Hair E31 E34  Outfit R20 21  Leaves G12 21
Stamp is from Verve "Happy Birthday"
Papers used from Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" and Recollections Fashionable Chic Paper pad and the butterfly stickers from K&C the "Merry Weather and Pearls from Recollections

3 comments:

  1. She is adorable! You just have to smile when you see her happy face. You did a great job with both the coloring & layout, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's precious CaroleAnn and the little butterflies are so sweet. I think covering the ladybugs was the right way to go. :-) Hope all is well with you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Such a cute image and those colours are gorgeous together!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!